Answers from Our Experts (1)
Dining options at The Surrey include Bar Pleiades, Café Boulud and in-room dining by Boulud, so there are plenty of top-notch dishes to choose from. Here are the five best:
1. Granada Royale. Bar Pleiades is renowned for its delicious handcrafted cocktails with artfully blended ingredients concocted by head bartender Darryl Chan. Try the Granada Royale with Old Tom Gin, Cardamaro, pomegranate seeds, white crème de cacao, lemon and champagne for something bubbly and refreshing.
2. Maine peekytoe crab benedict. Breakfast is always better when you add a little crab and that’s where this dish shines. The poached egg is smothered in choron (a variation on Béarnaise) sauce and accompanied by wilted spinach and succulent crab.
3. Eggplant panini. If you’re perusing the in-room menu at the Forbes Travel Guide Four Star hotel, go for the eggplant panini, which is simply but flavorfully prepared with grilled eggplant, green zucchini, mozzarella and tomato. It’s served with French fries or a side salad upon request.
4. Dry aged beef Rossini. You can’t go wrong ordering off the La Tradition section (classic French cuisine) on Café Boulud’s menu, and the dry aged beef Rossini is a standout. Rich and satisfying, it comes with foie gras, fingerling potatoes, spinach purée, wild mushrooms and Madeira jus.
5. Roasted cherries. Fruit and chocolate are always a perfect pair, so go for this classic French-inspired dessert served with chocolate crémeux and granola sunflower ice cream for a sweet end to your meal.