Answers from Our Experts (2)
We could name a million things to do in Manhattan, but we’ll narrow it down to five that are near Trump International Hotel & Tower New York. Some times of year are better than others for several of the activities, but trust us, it’s worth the wait.
1. Wollman Rink, located inside Central Park, is a perfect place to spend a winter day or evening ice skating, and you won’t have to go far to get there. With a spectacular view of the Manhattan skyline, it’s no wonder this spot has been in so many movies. Skates and lockers are available for rent between November and March.
2. Head to Lincoln Center to see the world-renowned New York City Ballet. The Juilliard School, just next door at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel, feeds new talent into the ballet company all the time. Performances take place year round, but you can’t miss the Christmas time classic The Nutcracker. You won’t find a better rendition of the famous ballet anywhere in the world. If you don’t get your fill, check out the American Ballet Theatre, which also dances in Lincoln Center.
3. The Museum of Modern Art, or MoMA, as it’s commonly known, needs to be on your bucket list. With the world’s finest collection of contemporary and modern art, MoMA has something for every art fan, from photography to film to books to sculpture. Don’t miss the museum store for its great gifts.
4. Day or night, summer or winter, a carriage ride around Central Park makes any trip more romantic. Take in the sights and snuggle under a blanket while the horse clops through the urban oasis. Though winter always has a cozier feel with the snow and blanket time, you won’t regret a ride during the summer, either.
5. When it comes to concerts, you can’t beat Carnegie Hall. The hall hosts everything from orchestras to world music to jazz. Recitals often take place here as well. Carnegie Hall even has an academy, a combination of the Julliard School, Carnegie Hall and the Weill Music Institute, which produces world-class musicians. Be sure to ask the concierge about scoring tickets.
The five best things to do near Trump International Hotel & Tower are:
1. Take a carriage ride in Central Park.
2. See the animals in the Central Park Zoo.
3. Go to the opera at Lincoln Center.
4. Stroll down Fifth Avenue.
5. Visit the American Museum of Natural History.