Answers from Our Experts (2)
Since the renovation of Trump International Hotel & Tower New York in 2010, the interior design has undergone quite a transformation. Ivanka Trump — owner Donald Trump’s daughter — led the $30 million overhaul and he added his own personal touches. These five words best describe the style of the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel:
1. Residential. As soon as you step into the lobby, you’ll feel as if you’re in a rich friend’s home. Donald Trump selected every piece of furniture precisely for that reason. The zebrawood accents and soft colors feel inviting, while the oversized crystal chandelier brings in that expected elegance.
2. Classic. The marble bathrooms with gold accents are as classic as they come. The chandeliers in the suites add a touch of refinement to the chicly designed rooms, and as soon as you set foot in the hotel, old-school bellhops stand ready to help you with your every need.
3. Swanky. Between the oversized crystal chandelier and the brass plating in the lobby, Trump International Hotel & Tower New York is as swanky as any place on the Upper East Side. And equipped with the latest and greatest technology, guest rooms are as functional as they are hip.
4. Sophisticated. You’ll feel as sophisticated as Kate Middleton as you step into the elevator to go up to your palatial room. Touches like the stunning view through the floor-to-ceiling windows, marble appointed baths and luxurious fabrics really separate Trump New York from other hotels.
5. Cozy. The plush bed with high thread-count linens and the cool gray and purple color scheme actually make the guest rooms unbelievably cozy. The aubergine European pillows atop the bed are so inviting, you’ll want to just curl up and read a good book.
Five words that describe the style of Trump International Hotel & Tower are sophisticated, elegant, classic, plush and luxurious.