Answers from Our Experts (1)
The dinner menu at Atrium Restaurant is always changing, but there are a few permanent favorite dishes. Here are our picks for the best things to order at The NoMad Hotel's Forbes Travel Guide Recommended restaurant:
1. Fruits de mer. This seafood platter is perfectly proportioned for one person to have six tiny tastes of the sea, including an oyster, caviar and sea urchin. It’s briny, fresh and a great starter to warm up your taste buds.
2. Suckling pig. The pork belly dish incorporates duck fat so the skin of the pork is nice and crisp. The meat comes on a bed of peppery arugula and sprinkled with sweet cherries and a bacon marmalade — everything complements one another just right.
3. Chicken. The New York City restaurant’s signature meal is this dish for two. The roasted chicken stuffed with foie gras and black truffles is a rich and decadent take on a classic mainstay.
4. Carrot cake. Deconstructed carrot cake is served with dollops of rich cream cheese and pineapple sorbet for a tropical twist.
5. Cocktails. The cocktail list at the contemporary American restaurant never stays the same for long, as house mixologist Leo Robitschek chases after seasonal ingredients and new techniques. During our visit, we enjoyed the Bamboo made with two kinds of imported sherry, a very dry vermouth, classic angostura bitters and orange bitters for a citrus note. The result is slightly exotic and highly addictive.