Answers from Our Experts (1)
While we would recommend pretty much all menu items, there are some things that we would definitely make sure to get the next time we dine at Del Posto.
1. The Tortello Puzzone. Pillow-shaped pasta that’s stuffed with creamy Taleggio cheese and topped with black truffle butter is a rich and decadent dish that completely “wowed” us.
2. Lidia’s Spicy Calamarta. Named after co-owner Joe Bastianich’s mother, the famous Lidia Bastianich, this pasta dish is filled with a variety of fresh seafood.
3. Charred octopus. This perfectly cooked, plump, octopus arrives on your plate, then drizzled with 25-year-aged balsamic vinegar that it gives it an earthy, rich flavor.
4. Cheese. Choose from one of three cheeses on the dessert menu that each come with an optional wine pairing. We loved the aged Parmigiano-Reggiano that, since it’s recommended to be eaten with your hands, is served with a fancy “wet nap” and an orange round and a fresh thyme sprig.
5. The chocolate ricotta tortino. A decadent chocolate cake served with toasted pistachios and an extra-virgin olive oil gelato is one of our favorite ways to end the meal at the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star restaurant.