Answers from Our Experts (1)
There’s a lot to take in when you first arrive at the trendy New York City restaurant Koi SoHo. Here are five things you should know about the upscale restaurant inside Trump SoHo New York before you arrive:
1. Koi SoHo is an outpost of the popular Asian fusion franchise that originated in Los Angeles and quickly became a magnet for a star-studded crowd. It’s the second Koi location to open in New York; the other one is in Midtown.
2. Executive chef Robb Lucas presents his modern take on traditional Japanese cuisine at Koi SoHo by deconstructing each dish down to its most flavorful elements. You’ll find the presentation unique and flavorful all at once.
3. Koi SoHo is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and features a bar that’s fully stocked with wine, sake, signature cocktails and craft beers.
4. When dining at Koi SoHo, try to get one of the booths directly in front of the bar, at the center of the restaurant. They’re the best spots for people-watching as restaurant guests — and occasionally celebs — come and go. You’ll also have the best perspective on the restaurant’s chic décor, which includes hand-blown glass chandeliers, candles and large orchids.
5. The best part about dining at Koi SoHo: The dishes are all designed to be shared. Order a couple of signature appetizers, sushi rolls and sizable entrées and enjoy tasting some of everything.