Answers from Our Experts (1)
The five best treatments at La Prairie at The Ritz-Carlton Spa focus on reinvigorating and relaxing you as much as possible. And while the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa does a lot of the things you’d expect, these are the parts we liked the most during our visit:
1. La Prairie’s trademark has always been its de-aging products, and they take center stage during the Platinum Rare Facial. As one esthetician works on your face and massages in the rare element treatment, a second begins with a foot bath that progresses to a detailed hand and foot treatment. Four helping hands certainly beat two.
2. Anti-aging is also the focus of the Caviar Firming Facial, which utilizes products from La Prairie’s popular Skin Caviar line. The Caviar line combines state-of-the-art science with luxury — much like the spa overall. Both the Platinum Rare and Skin Caviar facial treatments last 90 minutes.
3. Reap the beautifying benefits of an ocean jaunt without stepping foot outside of Manhattan by rewarding yourself in the Gifts From The Sea treatment. A mineral-rich seaweed wrap will nourish your skin while rich seawater hydrates and replenishes.
4. If you’ve got a little more time on your hands, book the Total Escape — a 3.5-hour treatment consisting of a 60-minute massage of your choice, a 60-minute La Prairie Signature Facial and The Perfect Manicure and Pedicure. You’ll leave looking and feeling refreshed.
5. And for the ultimate indulgence, try, well, the Ultimate Indulgence treatment. Two therapists will work on you, beginning with a full body exfoliation that progresses to a warm, hydrating wrap and ends with a 60-minute full body Caviar Massage. The treatment feels as good as it sounds.