Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Peninsula Spa New York, a Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star spa, has a treatment menu that features everything from massages and facials to scrubs and body wraps. But the treatments at this New York City spa are not your standard offerings; they were designed with Eastern therapies in mind, so your muscle-soothing massage might also incorporate chi-balancing techniques or dosha-centering aromas. Here are five of the best treatments to book at this top-notch spa:
1. For a complete renewal, book the Spirit of Peninsula body treatment. This head-to-toe treatment includes a refreshing footbath, full-body salt exfoliation, soothing oil massage, and detoxifying hand, foot and scalp mask.
2. Based on the Indian tradition of balancing your personality type, or dosha, Ayurvedic treatments combine advanced massage techniques with oils, herbs, pastes and muds to bring you back to clarity. The Peninsula’s Ayurvedic Experience is a complete immersion of the techniques — the two-hour treatment includes a relaxing foot massage, full-body salt and oil scrub, exfoliating facial cleanse, de-stressing massage focused on vital energy points and an infused-oil head massage.
3. The Peninsula Spa New York offers a slew of specialized facials, administered by white-coated technicians who make skin rejuvenation a science. The Refining Enzyme Facial offers the promise of a healthy glow (and an intense clean feeling), while the Microdermabrasion Facial treats common problems like fine lines, sun damage, scars and acne.
4. This spa recognizes that men want to look good, too, and has created an appropriately macho list of therapies. Try the Mankind treatment, a 90-minute session that includes an oil and aromatherapy neck, shoulder and back massage, along with a pressure-point, energy-releasing foot massage.
5. Whether you’re a Big Apple local or just in for the weekend, everyone can benefit from the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star spa’s Escape from the City treatment. This extensive four-hour retreat gets your body back in shape with a body scrub and your choice of body wrap, a 90-minute massage and a 90-minute Bio-lift facial.