Answers from Our Experts (1)
The Spa at Trump SoHo offers a few treatments that are unique. Some are over-the-top luxurious, while others transport you to a faraway land. Here are the five treatments we like best at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa:
1. The Turkish/Moroccan baths. The Middle Eastern bathing tradition is the spa’s biggest draw. It is typically a communal activity in the Middle East and Africa, but at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Spa at Trump SoHo you can have your session in private. The gorgeous treatment rooms have warm belly stones, stunning blue-toned mosaic tiles and antique silver Turkish bowls. The spa offers both Turkish and Moroccan baths, which are only slightly different. During the Turkish hammam, your personal attaché will use a handmade mitt called a kessa to scrub your body with oil-based castile soap. The treatment will leave your skin feeling like a newborn baby’s. The Spa at Trump SoHo also offers a Moroccan hammam, which includes the kessa body scrub, but in this case you will be scrubbed using black soap and crushed olives. You will also be treated to a full body application of warm rhassoul clay, as well as a scalp massage.
2. The intentions. The luxury New York spa offers what they refer to as intentions, where you are basically building your own treatment. When you come in for your appointment, you first take some time to talk to your therapist and explain what type of treatment you are looking for that day. Do you want to find balance or energy or simply feel some calm for an hour or two? Your entire experience is based on your intentions.
3. The ayurvedic massage. A pre-treatment consultation must happen before the treatment to determine your dosha: pritta (fire), vata (air) and kapha (earth and water). The appropriate oil is then used in a massage aimed at bringing all three in balance.
4. Shirodhara treatment. The revitalizing head/scalp treatment promises to bring about inner calm. A stream of herbal-infused oil is poured onto the third eye (center of forehead) and massaged into the hair and scalp. A conditioning herbal blend finishes off the sedative treatment.
5. Diamonds massage. You know they say diamonds are a girl’s best friend. Using diamond-infused oils, this healing massage will not only relieve tension but will leave your skin sparkling. According to the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star spa, diamonds have long been used to provide inspiration and enlightenment. We can’t argue with that.