Answers from Our Experts (1)
As a gateway to the Great Plains, Omaha is Nebraska’s largest city but it’s not one that’s lined with top luxury hotels. However, there are a few good places to stay with great amenities and thoughtful touches. Here are five that Forbes Travel Guide recommends:
1. The Cornerstone Mansion. Omaha’s only historic inn is found inside this handsome Gothic Revival home, which was built as a 10,000-square-foot showcase in 1894. Antique furnishings and décor mix with modern amenities that include free WiFi. There are seven guest rooms and suites, and some come with fireplaces. A continental breakfast is served weekdays in the grand dining room, while a full cooked breakfast is served on weekends.
2. The Magnolia Hotel. This boutique hotel has a mash-up of designs — it’s a hip combination of classic Italian architectural details and modern color schemes. The relaxing guest rooms feature comfortable beds and sweeping views of downtown. There’s also an all-day restaurant, a hopping bar and complimentary milk and cookies at bedtime.
3. Hotel Deco XV. True to its name, this historic hotel — it was built in 1930 — is decked out in Art Deco décor. In the guest rooms, expect spa-like showers, hardwood floors and Italian furnishings. Other perks include iPad rentals and a sophisticated onsite restaurant.
4. Hilton Omaha. This Hilton gives quick access to the neighboring CenturyLink Center via an indoor skywalk, and it’s also just a short walk to TD Ameritrade Park. Recently renovated, the hotel has a spa, sauna, whirlpool and salt-water indoor pool. Dining choices include a casual bar and grill that whips up a yummy Sunday brunch.
5. Omaha Marriott. Out in west Omaha, this large hotel is ideal for the business traveler. A concierge team will help you with all your last-minute needs, and there are two pools (one outside and one in) and a nice workout facility.