Answers from Our Experts (1)
Reunion Resort has three golf courses, more than 10 pools, six restaurants, a spa and endless activities — so you’re not likely to get bored during your stay at this Orlando, Florida resort. However, if you want to do some exploring, our Forbes Travel Guide editors suggest these five great things to do nearby:
1. Walt Disney World and downtown Orlando. Reunion Resort is only six miles from the theme parks at the Walt Disney World Resort and 10 miles from downtown Orlando. Take a day to visit the Magic Kingdom Park or Epcot, or head to downtown Orlando for shopping and some of the best-rated restaurants in central Florida.
2. LEGOLAND. The world’s largest LEGOLAND park is just a 25-minute drive from Reunion Resort. The park caters to kids ages 2 to 12; it features live shows, LEGO-inspired attractions and various theme-park rides. Book your LEGOLAND tour through Reunion Resort to get $10 off each admission ticket.
3. Orlando hot air balloon rides. Book a hot air balloon ride to treat yourself to something decadent in Orlando. The concierge at Reunion Resort can help you book the tour, and we’re told it’s one of the most exhilarating things you can do in Orlando (next to conquering Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride).
4. Universal Studios, Discovery Cove and SeaWorld. If Disney doesn’t do it for you, head a few miles east to Universal Studios, Discovery Cove or SeaWorld. See what it’s like to star in a Hollywood classic or swim with the dolphins in their natural habitat.
5. Outlet malls. Grab a map from Reunion Resort, and set out on a day of bargain hunting at Orlando’s many outlet malls.