Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re planning to stay at Villas of Grand Cypress on your trip to Orlando, you’ll want to know a few things before you arrive. Here’s our list of five things you need to know:
1. The Villas are a short distance from its sister hotel. Though the Villas share amenities with the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress, the Villas are about a mile and a half away from the Hyatt. The two properties have separate entrances; the Villas entrance is on Jacaranda.
2. There’s a free shuttle between the Villas and the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. As a guest of the Villas, you’ll have access to many of the activities offered at the sister property. Feel free to use the fitness center, their more kid-friendly pool, rock-climbing wall and restaurants. If you want to work out at the gym, just call for a shuttle to pick you up and take you to the Hyatt. It’s a complimentary, 24-hour service and will be at your villa within minutes. You can also get free shuttle service to the Orlando theme parks, which makes planning easier on you.
3. It’s on the quieter side. The Villas offer more of a quiet retreat where guests can relax and get away from all the excitement of the theme parks. It’s a bit more focused on the golfer and the more sophisticated set seeking a relaxing getaway.
4. There’s a racquet club. Tennis lovers will enjoy playing on the 12 courts at the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel, five of which are lighted at night. You can also sign up for lessons, clinics or a comprehensive tennis-vacation package.
5. This is a golf resort. Don’t be surprised to see a plethora of golfers, as golf is one of the main attractions. With 45 holes over two courses designed by Jack Nicklaus, many visitors come here to play. Of course, there are various other activities to take part in, but you’ll find a golf theme throughout the main dining venue, The Clubhouse as well as in other areas of the resort.