Answers from Our Experts (1)
With so many activities and so little time, it’s hard to decide what to do while you’re staying at Villas of Grand Cypress in Orlando. So here’s our short list of the five best amenities to be sure to take advantage of:
1. Complimentary bikes. You’ll find a variety of shiny new bicycles that guests can borrow from the pool area. They have all sizes, including children’s bikes with training wheels and bikes with child seats – plus safety helmets. The Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel's expansive paved roads and trails around the lake are perfect for pedaling; just be sure to bring your hat and sunscreen.
2. Serene pool. The villas’ pool is surrounded by lush green foliage, palm trees, colorful flowers and has a waterfall bubbling into a Jacuzzi. It’s a quiet spot to relax and get some sun, or cool off in the water. Friendly staff members will bring you ice water when the heat is most intense; or ask to see the menu of frozen cocktails if you’re in the mood.
3. Jacuzzi tubs in the bathrooms. Each villa’s bedroom features a Jacuzzi tub so you can relax at night and rest your body after a long day of walking around theme parks or on the golf course.
4. Nine18 Restaurant. This romantic restaurant, located within The Clubhouse, overlooks the golf course and serves traditional steakhouse fare. It’s a great spot to enjoy a family dinner after a day full of activities or a satisfying evening away from the kids.
5. Lake Windsong. You may not realize that there’s a 21-acre lake on the Grand Cypress property. Frolic on the sandy beaches or take a boat out or go fishing. Just ask the hotel staff for directions and information on renting a sailboat or kayak from the marina.