A mountainside Palm Springs retreat
15 Treatment Rooms
If you need to get away from it all, rise above the stresses of everyday life with a day at The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Rancho Mirage. Nestled on a bluff overlooking the Coachella Valley, the spa blends seamlessly into its mountainside surroundings to offer an experience that reconnects you with Mother Nature.
Take a short walk from The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage to the spa and step into relaxation. The sprawling facility welcomes you with a palm-tree-lined stone façade that matches effortlessly with the neighboring Santa Rosa mountains, and soothing water features that set the tone for tranquility.
Inside, the desert-inspired motif continues with serenely sandy hues with blue and white accents. A chandelier of 222 dangling quartz crystals hangs in the foyer, and the relaxation room affords mountain and waterfall views.
Offering an extensive treatment menu, luxurious décor and a host of amenities, The Ritz-Carlton Spa, Rancho Mirage makes a great pick for a spa day in Greater Palm Springs.
• The spa’s showers are sure to heighten the senses, thanks to aromatherapy showerheads that infuse the waters with scents like eucalyptus, lavender or mango.
• The locker rooms are fully outfitted with helpful amenities like hair-styling tools and beauty products to get you ready for a night at the resort’s famed steakhouse, The Edge.
• Working up an appetite? There’s no need to leave: The spa’s dining menu delivers a number of health-conscious salads, as well as a taste of house specialties like a California cheese and charcuterie plate.
• To round out your wellness journey, the spa also offers fitness programs such as personal training and group exercise classes.
• The Palm Springs spa also has a José Eber salon with an extensive menu of beauty services, including makeup application, manicures and waxing.
Things to Know
• Don’t worry about toting along your toiletries. A full array of shower amenities is available, including shampoo, conditioner, shaving gel, body wash and razors.
• The treatment menu also includes a variety of massages and facials specially designed for men.
• If you get too much desert sun, opt for the 50-minute Cooling Body Therapy that envelopes you in an aloe vera cocoon to soothe and hydrate sunburned skin.
• A day of relaxation begins with your choice of the spa’s signature experiences, which combine holistic, indigenous herbs with renewing treatments that refresh both body and mind.
• The Spirit of the Mountains experience uses desert herbs and mineral salts to “cleanse, calm and soothe the body and mind” during a 100-minute ritual that also consists of body exfoliation, a warm stone massage, a detoxifying wrap and a scalp treatment.
• For another locally inspired option, try the Desert Wildflower Poultice Massage, which relieves muscles with heated indigenous herbs.
• The Sec-he (or “boiling water”) Rock Ritual draws inspiration from the native Cahuilla Indians to heal the body with a mineral bath.
• Upstairs, you’ll find an inviting lounge area complete with oversized white chairs, plush ottomans and an enticing assortment of refreshing snacks, teas and spa water.
• The coed lounge is an outdoor oasis providing soothing stone exteriors, beige décor, plunge pools and an outdoor waterfall.
• Treatment rooms are equally opulent, some even featuring their own private outdoor showers seemingly built into the mountainside.
• Many of the Rancho Mirage spa’s 15 treatment rooms offer private terraces for taking in the sweeping mountain vistas.