Answers from Our Experts (1)
When it comes to the best hotels in Palm Springs, the desert is filled with everything from 10-room boutique properties to sprawling resorts that never give you a reason to leave. Here are the five best hotels in Palm Springs:
1. Parker Palm Springs. Everything about this luxurious property gives the feeling of a whimsical escape to a secret garden in the middle of the desert. The chic, mid-century modern hotel (once Gene Autry’s ranch) was designed by Jonathan Adler and has overlooked no detail when it comes to luxury, from its nautical-inspired Palm Springs Yacht Club spa to the impressive selection of luxurious bath amenities by the likes of Hermes and L’Occitane.
2. Viceroy Palm Springs. The Viceroy Palm Springs is so committed to pampering its guests, even the dogs can get a full-body massage while staying at the posh address. Designer Kelly Wearstler outfitted the Viceroy in black and white with sharp pops of yellow hues, embracing both the city’s iconic modern designs and year-round sunny weather. Several pools allow you to soak up the beloved sun, while the gourmet continental cuisine at Citron, the onsite restaurant, shouldn’t be missed.
3. Riviera Palm Springs. Playing on Palm Springs’ Hollywood past, The Riviera embraces the celebrity culture that put the Coachella Valley on the map. Pictures and artwork of icons like Marilyn Monroe, Cher, Bob Hope and Frank Sinatra can be found throughout the resort, from the 70s-chic lobby to the intimate Circa 59 restaurant.
4. Miramonte Resort and Spa. This Indian Wells resort focuses on relaxation, with its weapon of choice being The Well Spa. You start your spa experience by tossing a special coin into the spa’s wishing well before enjoying a decadent treatment such as a water massage or facial with customized aromatherapy oils. Beyond the spa, you can enjoy two pools, farm-to-table dining at The Grove Artisan Kitchen, a rose garden and plenty of green spaces lined with hammocks and chairs.
5. JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa. This vast resort dares guests to find a reason to leave. A range of restaurants and bars, a full-service spa, a shopping plaza, two golf courses, tennis courts, gondola rides and aviaries are just a few of the onsite amenities that await you at this 833-room escape.