Answers from Our Experts (1)
It’s nice to know what to expect from a hotel, so Forbes Travel Guide has come up with a five things you should know about Portland’s boutique Hotel deLuxe:
1. Every room is unique. While guest rooms are all done up in a fresh butter yellow, citron, turquoise and white palette, each one is unique. Because the hotel is on the National Historic Register, the rooms retain their original size and shape, just as they were built in 1912. You’ll find a variety of room sizes, configurations and views depending on where you are in the building.
2. Film buffs will have plenty of eye candy. With more than 400 black and white photos of Hollywood screen stars lining the hotel walls, film lovers (or just casual admirers) could spend an entire day indulging in a classic film fetish.
3. The bar is a go-to spot for locals. The Driftwood Room is a throwback to the classic 1950s cocktail bar. The clubby space lures in both locals and visitors with its dim lighting, excellent old-school cocktails and sultry vibe.
4. Movies are played on the rooftop. During the summer, dinner and a movie takes on a whole new meaning on the rooftop of this Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel. Weekly evening movie screenings on top of the hotel include live music, cocktails, beer, barbeque and a stunning city view.
5. Brunch is served daily. You can indulge in a belly-filling brunch until 2 p.m. every day. Sleep in late and still enjoy crispy bread pudding French toast served with Nuvrei pastries.