Answers from Our Experts (1)
Hotel deLuxe is one of the most unique hotels in all of Portland, with its Art Deco décor that harkens Old Hollywood glamour mixed with a contemporary vibe. Forbes Travel Guide chose a few things we like most about this boutique luxury hotel:
1. Location. Hotel deLuxe’s is conveniently situated in a quieter southwest pocket of downtown Portland near the hip Pearl District. Light rail Max service is just two blocks away.
2. Historical significance. Hotel deLuxe turned 100 in 2012 and is featured on the National Register of Historic Places.
3. The Marlene Dietrich Suite. The 8-foot circular bed with a custom pillowtop mattress is the focal point of the hotel’s top-of-the-line accommodation, which has an exceptional downtown view and enough space to host guests.
4. Pet friendliness. Pets can stay with you at this Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel, and they’ll be just as pampered as you are with amenities like pet room service, cat and dog in-room acupuncture and pet psychic consultations.
5. Salt & Straw ice cream in-room delivery. This ice cream is handmade with a farm-to-cone philosophy (made with all-natural dairy and local, organic and sustainable ingredients) and features unexpected flavors such as Bourbon Pecan Pie and Honey Balsamic Strawberry with Cracked Pepper.