Answers from Our Experts (1)
Head to dinner or drinks at either of the two establishments inside Hotel deLuxe and you’re in for a retro-glamorous treat. Gracie’s is the signature restaurant inspired by Old Hollywood glam (marble-topped tables, banquettes, crystal chandeliers) that serves food throughout the day, while the Driftwood Room is a classic 1950s cocktail lounge. There are quite a few excellent options to choose from, but we managed to pick a few true standouts to try:
1. Sizzling forest mushrooms. At Gracie’s, garlic, green onions and truffle oil make this dish, made with local mushrooms, sing.
2. Braised lamb shank. Simple, savory and cooked to perfection, this dish at Gracie’s is complemented with mint pesto.
3. Crispy bread pudding French toast. A traditional breakfast favorite gets a rich, upscale twist at Gracie’s — this dish is served with pecans, bananas and Nuvrei pastries.
4. Barrel-aged Bittersweet Symphony. Belly up to the bar at the Driftwood Room in the Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel to order this cocktail made with Temperance bourbon, Punt e Mes, Pelinkovac, Angostura and Peychaud’s bitters.
5. Elizabeth Taylor. It’s hard to go wrong with champagne cocktails at the Driftwood Room, and this number is just too good to pass up — it’s an irresistible mixture of Crème de Violette and champagne.