Prague’s fairy-tale spa haven
5 Treatment Rooms
Four Seasons Hotel Prague houses the city’s best-kept secret: its Ava Spa. Designed by noted architect Pierre-Yves Rochon, its authentic aesthetic, bespoke amenities and exclusive treatment menu have made it a destination for supermodels such as Karolina Kurkova, hotel guests and locals desiring an idyllic place for renewal.
The jewel in the crown of the Prague hotel’s health club, the spa’s sauna, steam bath and vitality pool are not to be missed — be sure to give yourself enough time to luxuriate in these water features.
The luxury spa celebrated its first anniversary in August 2017 and its state-of-the-art facility is just as pristine and sumptuous as it was on its opening day. Indulge in a fairy-tale day of pampering complete with views of the iconic Prague Castle.
• Have some “me time” in the heated vitality pool before or after your treatment. Position yourself along the massage jets for the ultimate hydrotherapy.
• You’ll feel like royalty as you settle into your stylish treatment room in your snug, plush robe while admiring the view of Prague Castle.
• After a long day of exploring the bohemian city sights of Prague, coddle your feet with the Manolo Treatment, named after the shoe designer with Czech roots. Enjoy a soothing foot massage before leaving refreshed and with a signed sketch of a Manolo Blahnik-designed shoe.
• If you're feeling restless before your treatment, try the swim jets. This water feature provides a mild to rigorous workout with endless swimming or walking in place — with no stress on joints or bones.
• Gents will love the dedicated men's treatment menu at Ava Spa using products from the Swiss Perfection line that address specific skin issues, like premature aging and razor burn.
Things to Know
• Ask for therapist Ieva. She is a specialist with Sodashi products and might recommend a luscious treatment with organic green tea salt made with Himalayan salts and certified organic antioxidant green tea.
• Arrive a little ahead of schedule and you may be greeted by the spa manager offering tea and cookies as you relax by the pool.
• Older children are welcome in the vitality pool, but only if swimming with an adult.
• The Golden Body Treatment aims to heal damage inflicted by daily life and to revitalize the skin. Get an exfoliation with a golden sugar scrub and a soothing massage with fragrant oil enriched with gold particles that will leave your skin glowing.
• The Czech Republic is known for its powerful and healing hot springs. A choice of traditional Czech-inspired healing baths will allow you to benefit from the water's unique properties as you bask in a luxurious soak enhanced with essential oils and flower petals.
• Turn back the hands of time and transform your skin with the intensely hydrating and nourishing Samadara Ultimate Age-Defying Facial to increase firmness and elasticity, diminish the appearance of fine lines and restore a youthful glow.
• Seasonal offerings ensure that you’ll be able to try something new each time you visit this Prague spa. The Winter Bliss Treatment, for example, includes a rejuvenating facial and a head-to-toe massage using orange-scented oil and warming basalt hot stones.
• The spa’s five treatment rooms are named after Czech rivers — Litava, Morava, Otava, Svitava and Vltava.
• The Vltava, a large couples’ suite, comes complete with a rhassoul and a bath with views of Prague Castle and the Charles Bridge.
• The five treatment rooms are adorned with beautiful furniture, paintings and soft lights, so you really feel like you're at home, but even more relaxing.
• A wet lounge houses the sauna, steam bath and vitality pool with a waterfall. It’s all surrounded by comfortable lounge chairs and a fireplace for an utterly relaxed atmosphere.