Answers from Our Experts (1)
As a city rich in history and culture, Quebec City screams romance. From its European architecture to its stunning vistas, you’ll be starry-eyed the moment you lay eyes on this town. Here’s our list of the five best things to do on a romantic trip to Quebec City:
1. Stroll through Old Quebec. The winding and narrow streets of the only fortified city in North America are as charming as can be. Add in the breathtakingly beautiful architecture and the unrivaled views of the city below, and you’ve got yourself a leisurely stroll overflowing with romance.
2. Float above the city. Hop aboard one of the vibrantly colored hot air balloons of Quebec Montgolfières. Admiring this gorgeous city from the air is an experience you and your sweetheart will never forget. One look at the birthplace of French Canada and you’ll sweep your special someone off the ground.
3. Picnic on the Terrasse. Staring up at the picturesque Château Frontenac lays the Terrasse Dufferin — a perfect spot for a picnic. Pack up some of your French favorites, such as a baguette to go along with the local cheese and a bottle of Québec wine. You can’t help but fall in love when you are surrounded by both natural and manmade beauty.
4. Take a carriage ride. The epitome of romance — a horse-drawn carriage — awaits to cart you around Old Quebec. Whether it’s warm and you take an evening ride under the stars, or it’s chilly and you cuddle together under a blanket, you and your sweetie will feel like you are living out a fairytale.
5. Hop aboard the funicular. Scoot into the 19th-century tram for a ride to Upper Town. Traveling at a 45-degree angle for more than 200 feet, this is the only funicular in Canada. And there is just something so romantic about it; perhaps it’s the stunning view of the city below.