Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re heading to The Carolina Hotel at Pinehurst Resort for a visit, be sure to keep these five things in mind:
1. Book at The Carolina. When you’re making your reservation, be sure to let the reservationist know that you want to stay at The Carolina, as there are other options at Pinehurst to stay including The Holly Inn, The Manor as well as villas and condos on the property.
2. It’s family-friendly. The Forbes Travel Guide Recommended hotel is a great place for families, as there are tons of activities to keep adults and kids relaxed and busy. Kids will love the pool, as well as biking around the area. There are also family-friendly dining options and plenty of outdoor space for kids to run free.
3. Afternoon tea. You don’t want to miss the daily afternoon tea that takes place in The Carolina’s lobby. Choose from various teas and coffee — you can also a cold, sweetened tea, which is a staple in North Carolina. Enjoy cookies and other sweet treats and mingle with other guests.
4. The Forbes Travel Guide Recommended resort is a bit of a drive from Raleigh. Keep in mind that you’ll want to rent a car to take you from the airport to the hotel — alternatively; the hotel offers shuttle transportation for a fee. This is definitely the way to go if you’re planning on spending most of your time at the resort.
5. You don’t have to leave. Between the eight golf courses, the pools, equestrian activities, jogging trails, boat rentals, croquet, tennis, walking tours and even a teen adventure program, there’s not much reason to leave this luxurious resort.