Answers from Our Experts (2)
Richmond is one of the most kid-friendly cities we know, especially for a place with so much history behind it. While there are a million activities to do with your little ones, you’ll always have to make time for a bite to eat. We’ve come up with a few of our favorite kid-friendly restaurants:
1. ComedySportz Improv Theater. You can take your entertaining hat off for a night at this improv theater; kids can be fully enthralled by the family-friendly skits, and you’ll be stress-free as you laugh your head off. The little ones will love the menu, which features everything from peanut butter and jelly to vegetarian wraps.
2. Maggiano’s Little Italy. There’s nothing better than a traditional Italian restaurant to appeal to even the pickiest of eaters. Your kids can nom on the favorites, such as spaghetti and meatballs. Don’t forget to order up the chocolate zucca cake to finish off your tasty meal.
3. Glory Days Grille. Not only is there an extensive children’s menu here, but an arcade and televisions showing cartoons keep kids of any age occupied throughout the meal. While you may be just as entertained by the cartoons, we’ll just keep telling everyone they’re for the kids.
4. Mosaic Café and Catering. No child will suspect the food on this menu is actually healthy! Cheddar smashed potatoes, a large selection of sandwiches and salads make this menu perfect for parents and children alike.
The five best kid-friendly restaurants in Richmond are:
1. Bottoms Up Pizza is considered by many to be Richmond’s best pizza, serving gigantic pieces and unique topping combinations the whole family will enjoy.
2. Carytown Burgers and Fries offers great burgers and fries in kids’ baskets, milkshakes and interesting burgers, hot dogs and sandwiches for the grown-ups.
3. Strawberry Street Café is a Fan tradition and home of the famous bathtub salad bar.
4. Nacho Mama’s offers Mexican cuisine for the whole family in a fun environment.
5. Joe’s Inn serves subs, pasta and pizzas in a causal atmosphere in the Fan.