Answers from Our Experts (2)
Southern food has its own distinct style; for you, that could mean more of your down-home favorites, or finding a few things in Richmond that have never crossed your plate. With that in mind, here’s our list of the five best Richmond food experiences:
1. The Tobacco Company. A landmark located in the heart of Richmond, this restaurant epitomizes Southern charm and cuisine. Famous for its slow roasted prime rib, the Tobacco Company also boasts an exceptional wine list.
2. Six Burner. As the only restaurant in Virginia approved to use the French method of sous-vide cooking that uses temperature control and vacuum pressure to ensure high quality, Six Burner offers delicious food that you’d have to go out of state to eat otherwise.
3. Lemaire. Located inside the extraordinary Jefferson Hotel, this Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant serves delicious contemporary American and Southern cuisine.
4. Bistro Twenty-Seven. Led by local chef Carlos Silva this local hotspot features a large range of specialty entrees, from quail to black-truffle marsala filet mignon.
5. Buckheads: One of Richmond’s premier restaurants, Buckheads is sure to satisfy any foodie with prime meats and fresh seafood. For a late night find, be sure to pop by the newly renovated bar for a drink.
Richmond is a hot spot for restaurants, offering over 900 for visitors to enjoy. Our list of the very best changes almost daily as new restaurants open and old favorites close or recreate themselves. Lemaire at The Jefferson is always at the top of our list and also at the top of the locals list that frequent the bar for our nightly specials and famous 3 for $20 appetizers. The dining room is a favorite for special occasions, business dinners, pre-theater dinners and gatherings with friends and family.
Please contact the Concierge Desk at 804-649-4615 for all our latest favorites, based upon your preferences.