Answers from Our Experts (1)
If there’s one thing you should know about San Antonio, it’s that the sun shines 300 days of the year. That being said, there are a few things you really shouldn’t leave home without. As a city chock full of history, culture and entertainment, you’ll discover plenty of activities that you won’t want to forget. Here’s our packing list for a trip to San Antonio:
1. Sunglasses. With more than 80 percent of the year being sunny, you’ll certainly want your shades on you at all times. The majority of the attractions in the Alamo City are outside so there’s no escaping that bright Texas sun. We don’t want you to get those wrinkles from squinting just because you forgot your sunglasses.
2. Camera. As the city where it all began — well Texas at least — there’s an endless list of sights you’ll want to remember. Whether it’s the four Spanish-colonial missions you encounter during a bike ride or just a stroll down the River Walk, you’ll need your camera for this trip.
3. Shorts. Even during the 65 days that the sun isn’t shining in San Antonio, it is still a very warm city. The winters are mild and the summers are hot, so you’ll want to wear shorts to stay cool(er).
4. Bathing suit. No matter what time of year you visit, water activities abound. You can float the nearby Comal and Guadalupe rivers or make a splash at SeaWorld San Antonio. Regardless of your choice, you’ll want to have your swimsuit, even if it’s just to enjoy the rooftop pool at your hotel.
5. Sneakers. San Antonio involves a lot of walking. From hiking the eight-mile Mission Trail to exploring the Alamo, you’ll be walking most of the time. So whether you want to bring sneakers or just comfortable walking shoes, it’s up to you. Either way, you’ll thank us later.