Answers from Our Experts (1)
Figuring out which are the best places to stay in San Jose largely depends on what you plan to do while you’re there. Here are our picks for the best hotels:
1. CordeValle, A Rosewood Resort. This Four-Star hotel is 30 miles outside of the city, but it’s worth making scenic CordeValle your base. It sits on 1,700 hilly acres at the foot of the Santa Cruz Mountains. The intimate bungalows are enough of a reason to stay (all rooms come with fireplaces), but there’s also an 18-hole golf course, the Four-Star Sense Spa, CordeValle and the onsite Clos La Chance winery and 85-acre vineyard.
2. Hayes Mansion. This hotel is a solid bet if you’re looking for lodging that comes equipped with a bit of history. This 100-year-old estate is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and has lovely landscaping and breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains.
3. Hotel Valencia Santana Row. If you’re planning to engage in some productive pampering during your trip to San Jose, then Hotel Valencia Santana Row is the place to stay. It’s about as close as you can get to the chic shopping and hopping Santana Row nightlife. Booking a massage at the nearby luxurious Burke Williams Spa spells pure bliss if you shopped till you dropped on Santana Row.
4. Hotel De Anza. You may want to stay in downtown San Jose if you’re heading to HP Pavilion, which hosts concerts throughout the year and is also affectionately known as the Shark Tank when the NHL’s San Jose Sharks hit the ice. The 100-room Hotel De Anza is within walking distance of both the HP Pavilion and the San Jose Convention Center.
5. The Fairmont San Jose. Another downtown option, The Fairmont sits at a central location for those visiting Silicon Valley on business. It’s only three miles from Norman Y. Mineta San José International Airport and a five-minute walk from the convention center. Though the San Jose hotel offers its own meeting spaces — totaling 65,000 square feet — and a 24-hour business center.