Answers from Our Experts (1)
Bringing the brood to San Jose? Here are our picks for the best things do with kids in the city:
1. Great America. Kids of all ages are bound to have a blast at San Jose’s premier theme park. Little ones can have fun buzzing around Planet Snoopy, while others may prefer to lounge in the area’s largest lazy river, Castaway Creek. If high-speed twists and turns are more your style, thrill seekers can give The Grizzly or Flight Deck a whirl.
2. Winchester Mystery House. The mysterious and marvelous Winchester Mystery House is worth adding to your family’s to-do list. Sarah L. Winchester built the beautiful, bizarre Victorian-style home after the death of her child and her husband. The heir of the Winchester rifle fortune spent nearly 38 years building the 160-room mansion, which comes equipped with mazes, strange secret passageways and even a staircase that leads to a ceiling.
3. Gilroy Gardens. With over 40 rides, gardens, exhibits and even its very own railroad, the Gilroy Gardens can be wonderful stop for the wee ones. Tiny tots are sure to get their fill of fun on rides like the Banana Split, the Garlic Twirl and the Strawberry Sundae.
4. The Tech Museum. Since you’re in the heart of Silicon Valley, use your visit as an opportunity to unleash your inner innovator. The Tech Museum has hands on exhibits and IMAX presentations that will help your family uncover the spirit of the Bay Area’s tech scene.
5. Children’s Discovery Museum of San Jose. If you happen to have kids that are interested in exploring and experimenting, you may want to consider bringing them to this excellent museum. CDM is one of the largest museums of its kind in the country, with 150 exhibits providing kids with an ample opportunity to learn and play.