Answers from Our Experts (1)
The best things about Bacara Resort & Spa encompass California living at its best:
1. A beautiful setting. Perched atop a bluff in Santa Barbara, Bacara’s 354 rooms are spread among several villas, creating the feeling of a small Mediterranean village. With the views overlooking the Pacific Ocean and all the lush, tropical greenery, you’ll instantly feel like you’ve stepped into a little piece of paradise.
2. Great pools. Bacara offers three saltwater swimming pools, all heated to 82 degrees F, plus a hot tub where you can soak away your stress. We love the chic, cozy cabañas available to rent, though if you don’t want to pay for the day, definitely grab a lounge chair that overlooks the crashing waves. One tip: If you’re looking for peace and quiet, head to the spa pool, which is adults-only.
3. Bacara Bar. Although we could do without the flat-screen televisions in the hotel’s bar located just off the lobby, we love the ambiance and the great drinks. Try the Anacapa Ginger or the Spatini for a tasty tipple. Alternatively, head to Miró’s bar for some tapas-inspired snacks and a Santa Barbara Sour, an excellent combo of Bulleit bourbon, syrah and lemon juice, a sort of contemporary sangria that is arguably the best cocktail at the resort.
4. Helpful concierges. We had a great time learning about all of Santa Barbara’s restaurants, shops and sights from the personable and helpful concierges. Whether you need recommendations for nearby vineyards to visit or want a seafood spot by the beach for dinner, they’ll have you sorted out with reservations and directions in no time.
5. California attitude. Sometimes resorts can be stuffy, but what sets Bacara apart is the warm and cheery staff. Whether it's offering you a ride from Miró back to your room, or simply checking up on you to see if your poolside cocktail needs a refill, the staff here possess that laid back, unstuffy attitude that defines California cool.