Answers from Our Experts (1)
Santa Fe is a wonderful destination for families. Balance out the gallery hopping and fine dining with these kid-friendly activities that will keep your little ones happy and engaged:
1. Santa Fe Children’s Museum. Kiddos (and parents) will love this hands-on, interactive learning space that features bubble making, arts and crafts, an area where you can make full-body imprints of yourself using thousands of pins, climbing areas, water play, pulleys and more.
2. Museum of International Folk Art. Located on Museum Hill, this museum features elaborate costumes, masks, toys and art from around the world.
3. Randall Davey Audubon Center & Sanctuary. Located at the end of Canyon Road, this facility sits on 135 acres next to the Santa Fe National Forest. Easy hiking trails are perfect for getting kids out into the Santa Fe foothills. More than 190 species of birds pass through this area, and guided tours are available on Fridays and Saturdays.
4. Santa Fe Climbing Center. This indoor climbing gym features top-rope, hand-hold climbs for rank beginners (starting at age five) to experienced climbers. A color system highlights routes from easy to extreme.
5. Genoveva Chavez Community Center. This large recreation center has year-round, indoor ice-skating (on the only rink in Santa Fe) and swimming for all ages.