Answers from Our Experts (1)
The best hotels in Santorini combine luxury with amazing views of the sea and caldera. Here are five that Forbes Travel Guide recommends:
1. Katikies. Giving a heavy nod to the island’s famed whitewashed buildings, almost everything in this Oia hotel is white — even the flat-screen TVs. It’s a simple, airy feel that will make you want to get a seaside massage (which you can do here).
2. Grace Santorini. Built into a cliff top in Imerovigli, Grace Santorini offers sweeping views of the caldera. The newest accommodation at the sleek white hotel is the villa, which includes two bedrooms, a private spa with steam room, and a bi-level patio space with a private pool and outdoor fireplace.
3. Andronis Luxury Suites. Feel like a local at Andronis Luxury Suites, where you’ll stay in your own villa. They have a beautifully minimal design that incorporates classic whites, reflecting Cycladic architecture.
4. Mystique. Situated on the cliffs of Oia, the 18 suites and villas at Mystique boast a gorgeous outdoor infinity-edge pool. There’s also a 150-year-old cellar, called “the secret wine cave,” where you can have dinner while sampling the local bottles.
5. Tsitouras Collection. The traditional hotel was built around a historic mansion that dates back to 1780. A famous Greek art collector redecorated it and updated its romantic design to accentuate the spectacular views just outside. Today, it’s made up of five freestanding cottages — each attended by its own butler staff. It’s a one-of-a-kind luxury experience; but it’s important to note that the hotel requires a two-night stay minimum and is only open from March to October.