Answers from Our Experts (1)
Santorini is not only an island for romance, but it’s a great destination for families, too. Here are five things Forbes Travel Guide recommends you do with your kids on the Greek island:
1. Hit the beach. Known for their unique black, red and gray sand, the beaches of Santorini are a sight to see. One of the best beaches on the island for kids is Monolithos, which has shallow, calm waters and various playgrounds.
2. Visit Santorini Waterpark. Santorini Waterpark in Perissa is a simple but fun place to stay cool. It has three pools, three water slides, playgrounds and a pool bar for drinks and snacks.
3. Ride a donkey. Part of Santorini’s charm is the fact that donkeys are often the best way to get up and down the many steep steps of the island. When you pull into the harbor, skip the cable car and opt for the scenic route into town via donkey.
4. Go on a submarine ride. Submerge 100 feet into the sea with your kids on a submarine excursion. Together you’ll discover the Aegean Sea’s exotic marine life.
5. Take a sailing Tour. There’s no better way to enjoy Santorini’s bright blue waters than to sail them. Sign up for a sailing tour with the kids, and stop by picturesque fishing villages and nearby islands.