Sanya's ocean-inspired paradise
512 Rooms / 46 Suites / 17 Villas
In ancient times, Sanya was known as “the end of the sky and ocean,” a description that still rings true for The Sanya Edition, a new lush tropical hideaway. Located just off the coast of Southern China on Hainan Island, this 50-acre paradise embraces the sea as its inspiration, featuring a stunning one-of-a-kind private ocean — the first of its kind in China — as well as two sparkling pools.
The aquatic theme continues throughout the futuristic-looking property, including the indoor spaces. The lobby boasts a lotus pool and live bamboo grove accompanied by a carefully curated art gallery, while all of the 500-plus guest rooms, suites and private villas afford ocean views.
At Edition’s first Asia hotel, gondolas can transport you to an extraordinary floating restaurant or you can keep your toes in the sand with a cocktail in hand at the oceanfront cafés and cabanas.
• Be sure to book a treatment at this oceanfront property’s gorgeous two-story spa. The tranquil facility offers 12 treatment rooms and suite pavilions, hydrotherapy rooms, a sauna, a steam room and a tea bar relaxation lounge.
• The family-friendly hotel features a multi-generational entertainment zone called Playland with bumper cars, arcade games, a rock climbing wall, a gigantic tree house and kid's club.
• In partnership with the Ullens Center for Contemporary Art in Beijing, the resort offers a unique lifestyle shop containing one-of-a-kind works of art from more than 180 local artists and designers that can only be found at The Sanya Edition.
• An elegant and ethereal atmosphere awaits at the aptly named Sky Bar, where you can enjoy cocktails alongside a rooftop pool that sits away from the family-centric areas of the resort.
• Almost every day, the resort pumps 10 million gallons of water from the South China Sea into its own private ocean. That means you’ll be able to kayak, paddleboard and do other watersports right on its grounds.
Things to Know
• Most of the greenery used in the Sanya hotel’s design was sourced from Hainan Island, making the landscape ecologically sustainable.
• At night, the property transforms into a wonderland lit up by candles and lanterns floating across the private ocean.
• When it’s time to unwind, use one of the family cabanas and relaxation pavilions spread throughout the property. Each one is fitted with comfortable couches, flat-screen TVs and minibars. We love the cabanas that float on the hotel’s ocean.
• Every room at The Sanya Edition has a balcony offering stunning ocean vistas.
• Though the luxury hotel feels a world away, the rooms feature modern comforts like complimentary Wi-Fi, 46-inch flat-screen HDTVs, signature imported linens and down comforters and pillows.
• Bathrooms have oversized Jacuzzi-style soaking tubs with separate showers, double vanities and lighted makeup mirrors.
• In the bathrooms, you’ll find custom-made Le Labo products in a soothing signature black tea scent.
• Market at Edition is all-day dining destination serving local and international cuisine in a food-hall-style setting with a design reminiscent of Sanya’s history as a Chinese trading port.
• The Jade Egret is the place to enjoy a pre-dinner cocktail or light bite with Spanish-inspired tapas dishes.
• Take an idyllic boat ride out to Xian Hai By the Sea, The Sanya Edition’s signature seafood restaurant. The experience is ethereal as you dine on illuminated platforms in the hotel’s private ocean while glowing lanterns float by.
• Beach Barbacoa at Edition features Indonesian dishes in a laid-back atmosphere. Try Balinese-style satays or tiger prawn curry with coconut milk, or have your choice of fresh meat, seafood or vegetables cooked up on the charcoal grill.