Answers from Our Experts (1)
Between playing at the beach, splashing around in the water and going for nature walks you’ll have no trouble keeping kids happy and entertained during a vacation in Sanya, particularly if you put our Forbes Travel Guide editors’ picks for the five best things to do with kids in Sanya on your itinerary.
1. Snorkeling. Ask your hotel concierge about planned snorkeling excurions into the South China Sea. Kids will love gazing at the colorful underwater life and stunning corals just beneath their feet.
2. Hiking. Sanya has many hiking trails, most of which are just a short ride from the beach. Our favorite time of the day to hit the trails is in the morning – again, ask your hotel about organized hikes with local guides who are familiar with the area to ensure you get the best views and walk trails with kid-friendly difficulty levels.
3. Rainforests. Sanya’s rainforests, which are located across from the built-up beach area, are a great place to spot exotic animals and explore miles of wetlands.
4. Butterfly Valley. Sanya’s Butterfly Valley is located on Yalong Bay and features 1,000 square meters of space filled with colorful butterflies fluttering through the air. Take your kids to the open-air cage, where they can be surrounded by the butterflies, and walk through the large exhibition hall that has various species of butterflies on display.
5. Tianyahaijiao Tourism Zone. The Tianyahaijiao Tourism Zone features an ocean park, shopping area and hotels. This is one of the most heavily frequented areas in Sanya thanks to the endless activities available here – your hotel’s concierge should be able to provide recommendations for the most kid-friendly things to do and see here.