Answers from Our Experts (2)
The Cloister is among the most family-friendly luxury hotels in the country — you certainly won’t have to worry about kids complaining about a lack of things to do. This Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star hotel offers more activities for kids than they’ll have time for — horseback riding, shooting school lessons, tennis, golf — so here are our picks for the five best amenities:
1. Camp Cloister and Camp Sea Island. Hosting activities throughout the day all week long (except for Sundays and some holidays) that range from scavenger hunts to tie dying T-shirts, Camp Cloister (ages 3 to 8) and Camp Sea Island (9 to 12) are great places for kids to meet other vacationing kids — and to stay busy all day.
2. Beach Club Movie Theatre. This 100-seat theater regularly screens family-friendly flicks, with the price of admission including a soft drink and box of popcorn. Reservations are mandatory, and adult supervision is required for kids under 8 years old.
3. KidSpa. You won’t have to feel guilty about leaving the kids behind while you get pampered beyond belief at The Cloister Spa. The Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star spa offers the KidSpa program, where children can choose between the head, hands and feet massage (clothes are kept on) or the youth and beauty facial (kids also get skin-care tips to use at home). Spa-goers must be between ages 8 to 15 for both 45-minute sessions.
4. Game room. When kids have had enough fun in the sun or the weather isn’t cooperating, The Cloister’s game room steps in with ping-pong tables, board games, air hockey, foosball and a classic Ms. Pac-man arcade game. There’s also a big-screen television often tuned to sporting events.
5. Nightly kids’ dinner. Finally, we love the daily children’s meal, which allows the adults to enjoy a romantic dinner at, say, the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star Georgian Room while the kids join other youngsters at the Children’s Activity Center for a fun-filled evening of food and games. Ages 3 to 12 can dine from 6 to 10 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays and seasonally on other nights.
Camp Cloister and other children’s activities are the best amenities for children at Sea Island. The pools, waterslide, splash pad and outdoor games at the Beach Club are also nice for the kids!