Answers from Our Experts (1)
You probably already know that you should pack an umbrella when you're heading to Seattle, but if you’re planning a visit to Fairmont Olympic Hotel, here are five things you should know:
1. You can’t beat the location. If being in the middle of it all is top-of-mind when you plan your trips, you won’t be disappointed with Fairmont Olympic. You’re just a five-minute walk to Seattle’s beloved Pike Place Market food market, the central business district and prime shopping from Gucci to the Nordstrom flagship store.
2. The luxury hotel caters to guests with dietary restrictions. In addition to its regular offerings, the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel’s room service and restaurants feature special menus with a selection of dishes for those adhering to gluten free, macrobiotic, heart-healthy, raw and vegan diets with items like spinach salad rolls with shoyu vinaigrette and marinated beet Carpaccio.
3. There’s a house car for your use. If you’re planning a short jaunt to a nearby restaurant or boutique you might not even need to spring for a taxi, as a complimentary house car will drive you within the downtown areas.
4. Sign up for the hotel’s loyalty program. In addition to a private reception desk offering express check-in and check-out, complimentary newspaper and personalized room preferences, your membership number guarantees you free Wi-Fi in your room during your stay.
5. The restaurants are worth a visit. The luxury Seattle hotel has two excellent restaurants for dining. The Georgian offers French-influenced cuisine featuring a range of Northwest ingredients (think Dungeness crab bisque or Alaskan king salmon with shaved apples and morel mushrooms) in a truly beautiful room with excellent service. Shucker’s is more casual with its classic pub-like setting and but offers a range of seafood dishes along with its daily changing oyster selection.