Answers from Our Experts (1)
You’ll find many impressive features during your stay at Sorrento Hotel in Seattle. Here are the best things about it:
1. History. For more than 100 years, Sorrento Hotel has welcomed guests through its doors. The Malone family has owned the property since the 1980s and has carefully ensured the historic integrity and Italian Renaissance design details of the hotel have remained in place.
2. Location. The Seattle hotel is located in the historic First Hill neighborhood and close to tourist attractions such as the Space Needle, Pike Place Market and Pioneer Square. The city’s elite were the original residents in First Hill, since it was close enough from downtown to offer a sense of retreat and privacy. Today, some of these first historic mansions still exist, as well as updated condos, shops and restaurants. First Hill is also home to Seattle University, many churches and three major health care facilities.
3. Guest rooms. No two rooms are exactly alike at the Forbes Travel Guide recommended hotel. Each of the 76 guest rooms is a luxurious mix of modern amenities combined with the historic European architectural and interior design details. Many of the rooms have a separate sleeping room from the sitting area. Italian Carrara marble and porcelain pedestal sinks adorn each bathroom.
4. Cuisine. Executive chef Dan Gilmore prepares classic American cuisine at The Hunt Club restaurant. Chef Gilmore and his kitchen staff place an emphasis on locally grown ingredients and use them throughout the menu. A thoughtful list of Pacific Northwest and California wines complements the menu.
5. Art and culture programs. The Forbes Travel Guide recommended hotel supports the arts community and hosts music, arts and literary events on many evenings in the Fireside Room. Most of these events are free and open to the public.