Answers from Our Experts (1)
If you’re planning a trip to Seattle and have The Georgian on your list of restaurants to visit, here are five tips and facts about it to keep in mind:
1. Showcasing chef Gavin Stephenson’s French-influenced Northwestern cuisine, the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star restaurant offers a range of elegant dishes in an equally refined setting, but the restaurant is best known for its Pacific seafood, butter-poached lobster and airy dessert soufflés.
2. In addition to the regular menu, you’ll find a selection of special offerings for those with dietary restrictions. Discover gourmet treats for raw foodists, vegans and diabetics as well as those adhering to macrobiotic, heart-healthy or gluten-free diets.
3. Several of the restaurant’s dishes and drinks including the Lemon Drop cocktail and Alaskan king salmon entrée incorporate honey cultivated from the hotel’s own rooftop hives.
4. Washington State is known for its delicious wines, and you’ll find many of them on the wine list. Even more interesting, though, is the restaurant’s commitment to organic and biodynamic wines. Joseph Linder, one of four Master Sommeliers in the state (and the only one who works at a restaurant), will help guide you through the options available.
5. If you’re staying at The Fairmont Olympic Hotel, you can even order room service from The Georgian, including its signature Dungeness crab bisque or the seared scallops with bacon-truffle butter sauce. Needless to say, it sure beats ordering a club sandwich.