Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are all kinds of different evening amusements to be found in Sedona, from pubs to poetry and posh restaurants to live music venues. The best nightlife depends on what you enjoy. Here are five different kinds of evening excursion that can all be enjoyed in Sedona:
1. Mary D. Fisher Theatre. From poetry slams to live performances to world film premiers, the Mary D. Fisher Theatre hosts a variety of Sedona nightlife options. Watch Shakespeare in high definition straight from the Globe Theatre in London or operas piped in from Venice. The 100-person theatre is home of the Sedona International Film Festival and the Sedona Performing Arts Alliance. Watch the online calendar for listings of current shows or grab a copy of Kudos, the free entertainment guide at newsstands and hotels.
2. Blazin M Ranch Chuckwagon Supper and Western Stage Show. Located on the banks of the Verde River in Cottonwood, the Blazin M is well worth the drive. Top-notch cowboy music and tomfoolery will have you slapping your knee and your neighbor’s back. Performers are Hall of Famers and the chicken and baby back ribs are good and plentiful. Make sure to arrive at 5 p.m. so you can try riding the tractor pull, petting ponies and other farm animals, shooting an authentic Colt 45 and learning to rope.
3. Cliff Castle Casino Hotel. Invest in a short 30-minute drive to Camp Verde and be rewarded with top-notch entertainment at the popular Cliff Castle Casino. Check the online calendar for a roster of hot national acts at the outdoor Stargazer Pavilion and live music in the Dragonfly Lounge. Play blackjack on the finest tables with professionally trained dealers. Or find some action in the casual poker room away from the slots.
4. Sound Bites Grill. For live music and dancing, check out Sound Bites, which features different performers evenings Wednesday through Sunday. The dance floor, one of the largest in Sedona, draws visitors and locals alike. From roadhouse rockers to fiery Cuban dance orchestras to 70s rock and roll to classic jazz musicians, Sound Bites offers an eclectic mix of entertainment in a venue decorated with celebrity guitars.
5. Hoppy Grape Lounge at Sedona Wine and Beer Company. Mingle with locals and visitors for a laidback evening of sipping wines and beers, including some local Arizona products. Local musicians play on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. This casual, classy lounge has a noshing menu that includes fresh and local ingredients. Sit at the bar in front of colorful beer taps from around the world or grab your spot on leather couches.