Answers from Our Experts (1)
Though Sedona is known for its scenic beauty, the city has a luxurious side too. Here are the five best places to shop in Sedona:
1. Tlaquepaque Arts and Crafts Village. Regarded as the “art and soul of Sedona,” Tlaquepaque is a Spanish Colonial-style village where you can get lost in the past exploring narrow cobbled streets and corridors linking small plazas and patios lined with more than 40 specialty shops and galleries. Browse for wearable art including up market jewelry and handmade clothing, Western and contemporary art, fabulous fashions and curios.
2. Hillside Sedona. Sitting high above Sedona resplendent in red rock views, Hillside Sedona offers three levels of galleries, and stores carrying home décor, jewelry and clothing by local artisans. Search diverse galleries for a masterful bronze, oil or glasswork. Specialty shops offer home décor made of local stone; fine rugs; and minerals, fossils and crystals from around the world. Find fashion, furnishings and photography powerful enough to take your eyes off the panoramic views.
3. Uptown Sedona. You’ll find a vibrant blend of Americana — think candied apples, flags and cowboy shops — alongside upscale art galleries. Established Native American jewelry shops with long-standing ties to artisan families on nearby Indian reservations are tucked among newer art galleries and souvenir shops.
4. Hozho Distinctive Shops and Galleries. Eye-catching sculpture lines the pathway in front of Hozho. The Santa Fe-style building is home to three galleries featuring high-end bronzes, sculptures, Native American art, contemporary oils and ceramics by local and world-renown artists. A favorite stop on First Friday Art Walks, Hozho, which is the Navajo word for beauty, balance, happiness and harmony. It’s also home to the Hike House, an upscale hiking gear store that offers on- and off-trail apparel, free Sedona trail-finder services, hiking tours and the Energy Café where you can make your own trail mix.
5. Shops at Hyatt Piñon Pointe. One of the newest shopping areas in Sedona, Shops at Hyatt Piñon Pointe is perched above uptown. View the red rocks from one of the three open courtyards in between shopping for the latest fashions and jewelry in the unique boutiques or stopping into the fine art galleries for a peek at their amazing collections.