An urban resort in Seoul
Surrounded by the stunning nature of Namsan Park, Banyan Tree Club & Spa Seoul is an urban oasis in Korea's bustling capital. Owing to its location on the slopes of Mt. Namsan, it is easy to forget that you are still in one of the world's largest cities. The mountain air is fresh and crisp, and the views of Seoul below are breathtaking.
Originating in Singapore, the Banyan brand is known globally as a sophisticated name in rest and relaxation. The style throughout is chic and contemporary with a few nods to the Korean culture; rooms also have plush furnishings and a simple, sophisticated neutral color scheme. With 110 rooms, the hotel has an intimate, luxurious feel.
There’s a lot to love about this Seoul resort — a gorgeous, sceney pool is considered a hot spot during summer months, a luxury spa is frequented by the city's elite, and there are extensive sporting and fitness facilities.
Our Inspector’s Highlights
• No trip to this luxury Seoul hotel would be complete without indulging in one of the treatments available at the exquisite Banyan Tree spa. Pamper yourself with a massage, a facial, or go all in with a full treatment package.
• Allow yourself to be drawn into the allure of The Oasis, Banyan Seoul's inviting outdoor pool. Show off your breaststroke, or simply take in the view from beneath your private cabana whilst you enjoy cocktails and light bites.
• Traditional bathhouses play an integral role in Korean spa culture, so naturally you can find an exclusive facility here. With three pools of varying temperatures, an herbal sauna, an aroma steam room and an ice fountain, this is the perfect introduction to Korean bathing culture.
• There is an expansive fitness center, an 80-yard driving range, a tennis court, a basketball court and a soccer field.
• The luxury hotel has a slew of food choices, from pan-Asian cuisine at Granum Dining Lounge, to cocktails and snacks at The Festa Bistro & Bar. In summer, eat poolside at Oasis Restaurant.
What to Know
• Adjacent to Namsan Park where a number of hiking trails prevail, the hotel's location is ideal for anyone who wishes to spend some time in the great outdoors.
• Shopaholics will be pleased to know both shopping mecca Myeongdong and glitzy Gangnam are just a 10-minute cab ride away.
• A continental breakfast at Granum Dining Lounge is included in the room cost, as is complimentary Wi-Fi.
• Business travelers can reserve Banyan Seoul’s stylish conference rooms and take advantage of the professionally trained associates, should they require secretarial assistance.
• With an average size of 915 square feet, the luxurious rooms at Banyan Tree Seoul are larger than most in the city.
• With the exception of the Banyan Rooms and Suites, all guests rooms have plunge pool allowing you to soak and unwind after a long day.
• Windows span the entirety of rooms — your view will be of Namsan Tower and Park or of the cityscape below, depending on which side of the Seoul hotel you are located.
• All rooms are equipped with Banyan brand toiletries and amenities, and all consumables, from the slippers to the hair products, are available at the Banyan store.
For the Kids
• Those traveling as a family can make use of the hotel's expansive Kid's Club available to club members and to hotel guests at an additional fee.
• Offering constant supervision, Banyan Tree Seoul's Kid’s Club exists across two floors and contains a library, a soft play area, a crafts room, a computer room and a video game room.
• Regular classes such as painting and crafts take place daily to keep little ones busy while parents use the hotel's more adult-focused facilities.