Answers from Our Experts (1)
You can look all over the Internet for more in-depth information on Grand Hyatt Shanghai, but we’ll fill you in on some vital facts right here. Here are five things you should know about the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. The hotel opened in 1999, before Shanghai’s Lujiazui financial district was as developed as it is today, making Grand Hyatt Shanghai a pioneer in the Shanghai real estate market.
2. Grand Hyatt Shanghai is located on floors 53 to 87 of the 88-floor Jin Mao Tower, which was Shanghai’s tallest building until the Shanghai World Financial Center opened in 2008. Both are among the world’s tallest buildings. Which means that…
3. All the public areas at Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Grand Hyatt Shanghai have wraparound views of the city, so you can snap photos of both sides of the skyline and the Huangpu River.
4. Grand Hyatt Shanghai has the world’s second-highest atrium, standing 375 feet tall and 88 feet wide.
5. While the Grand Hyatt offers three bars, the Cloud 9 is the standout. It’s a maze to get there, since you have hunt for to two different sets of elevators and traipse through a dining area to find the 87th-floor bar. But it’s worth it — the dark space filled with metal beams offers a sky-high, 360-degree view of the city.