Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are many things that we love about Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund, but some of the best are:
1. Local artwork. The lobby never ceases to impress thanks to its collection of contemporary sculptures and fixtures imbued with local flavor, such as the painted rickshaw and near life-size figurines.
2. Friendly staff. The hotel’s upscale boutique experience carries through to the warm and neighborly demeanor of staff, which readily engages guests in conversation and never fails to smile.
3. Unique guest facilities on sixth floor. Offering a hub for travelers to begin and then end their day, the QUAY level on the sixth floor is furnished with several iMac stations, two free massage chairs, a library stocked with books, magazines and DVDs that can be freely exchanged, two movie pods and an all day dining restaurant with panoramic views of the city.
4. Bathrooms. The guest rooms are lovely, and feature windows that open and dark wooden floors, but the bathrooms are truly unique. These spaces include blue mosaic-tiled walls and a bathing room that offers two windows with skyline views, three types of showerheads and an enormous freestanding tub, so guests just might be waterlogged by the time they check out.
5. CHAR terrace. This popular bar has a relaxed atmosphere and many promotions, but is best known for its outdoor terrace. Guests can sip a specialty cocktail while they look out over a stunning vista of Shanghai’s twinkling skyline and meandering river.