Answers from Our Experts (1)
The best things to eat and drink at Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star Hotel Indigo Shanghai on the Bund are:
1. Chicken BLAT from room service. Forget dumplings and opt instead for this delicious sandwich, made with crispy slices of bacon, grilled chicken, thick slices of avocado and fresh lettuce and tomato, pressed between soft, warm slices of bread.
2. Black Manhattan at CHAR bar. The specialty Manhattan made with bourbon, Averna and cherry liqueur is best enjoyed from one of the glowing podiums on the bar’s unbeatable outdoor terrace, which offers stunning views of Shanghai’s lights on a clear night.
3. Omelets to order at QUAY. Breakfast is a delicious affair with made-to-order three-egg omelets filled with mushrooms, spinach, onions, ham, peppers or more. Egg white omelets are also available and served with a side arugula salad.
4. Grilled steak at CHAR dining. The restaurant is famed for its tempting cuts of Wagyu from Australia and Japan, sourcing the marbled meat from four different farms. Creative presentations and friendly service complete the dining experience.
5. Coffee at QUAY. Pop down to the sixth floor guest lounge any time to enjoy one of the in-house barista’s well-crafted espresso drinks, such as a macchiato or latte.