Answers from Our Experts (1)
InterContinental Shanghai Expo isn’t located in the most central part of Shanghai, but there is still plenty to see and do in the area. Here are five can’t-miss activities near the luxury Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. The site of the 2010 World Expo. InterContinental Shanghai Expo was built for the 2010 World Expo, so it is adjacent to the site where that expo was held. Today, the area is being redeveloped into offices, malls and museums; if there’s not a lot to see and do there now, there will be soon.
2. Sample the local cuisine. Just next door to the Four-Star hotel are several delicious local favorites like Bubba’s Texas-Style Bar-B-Que & Saloon and New York Pizza.
3. Shanghai nightlife. Just an eight-minute drive from Lujiazui district, the city’s financial center and luxury shopping mecca, you will be thrilled to find various dining and entertainment options.
4. Custom shopping. If you venture across the Nanpu Bridge, you may want to stop by the fabric market to have suits made.
5. Take a run or a stroll. Active guests will enjoy running along the scenic Huangpu River.