Answers from Our Experts (1)
Jumeirah Himalayas Hotel is a Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel in Shanghai. While it’s not in the heart of the bustling city, there are still plenty of things to do in its surrounding area. Here are the five best:
1. Check out the business districts. Shanghai’s Pudong area (east of the Huangpu River) is the city’s most quickly developing central business district. Lujiazui’s financial center has fabulous restaurants and shopping outlets in addition to housing the offices of corporate headquarters and international agencies. Super Brand shopping mall has international shopping brands (Zara, Michael Kors), and the IFC Tower across the street is where you’ll find luxury names like Louis Vuitton and Prada.
2. Take in the view from the Jin Mao tower. The walkway on top of the Jin Mao tower is one of the highest points in the city, offering stunning views of Shanghai below.
3. Shanghai Ocean Aquarium. At Shanghai’s world-class aquarium, you’ll gawk at polar bears and play with penguins.
4. Century Park. This spacious park has running space and a lake. Head here to fly kites or rent rowboats on a sunny afternoon.
5. Shanghai Science & Technology Museum. Check out the museum’s robots and games, plus one of the city’s biggest souvenir markets on the first floor.
All of these activities are just a five-minute taxi ride from the luxury hotel.