Answers from Our Experts (1)
Even though Kerry Hotel, Pudong, Shanghai isn’t located in the city’s most central area, there are still plenty of things to do near the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel. Here are the five best:
1. Explore the business district. Shanghai’s Pudong area (east of the Huangpu River) is the city’s most quickly developing central business district. Lujiazui financial center has fabulous restaurants and shopping outlets in addition to housing the offices of corporate headquarters and international agencies.
2. Go shopping. Super Brand shopping mall has international shopping brands like Zara and Michael Kors, and the IFC Tower across the street is where you’ll find luxury names like Louis Vuitton and Prada.
3. Take in a top view. The walkway on top of the Jin Mao Tower, just next door to the hotel, is one of the highest points in the city and offers stunning views of the city below.
4. Go to Century Park. The largest park in Shanghai, Century Park has running space and a lake. Head here to fly kites or rent rowboats on a sunny afternoon.
5. Visit the Shanghai Science & Technology Museum. The museum has robots and games, plus one of Shanghai’s biggest souvenir markets on the first floor.