Answers from Our Experts (1)
There are five things to know about Les Suites Orient, Bund Shanghai:
1. No pool or spa. The hotel’s facilities are more limited, with no on-site swimming pool or spa. The gym is lovely and serene, equipped with numerous cardio and strength training machine but lacking a set of free weights.
2. Discreet, quiet atmosphere. Those seeking a buzzy and see-and-be-seen vibe should look elsewhere, as the hotel is more hideaway than hot spot.
3. Not for families. While children are certainly welcome, the design of the hotel is more grown-up, with polished parquet flooring, soft piano music in the background, chandeliers and velvety sofas gathered around coffee tables stacked high with magazines.
4. Classic but with advanced technology. The rooms have a mid-century design style, but are furnished with a 42-inch flat-screen television, DVD player, radio speakers embedded in the ceiling above the bed and a master control panel to modify the temperature, lighting, curtains, privacy notifications and alarms. The bathrooms feature advanced Toto washlets with heated seats and a digital display in the mirror for the time and outside temperature and weather conditions.
5. Excellent location. The hotel may be discreet, but it’s located right on The Bund, overlooking the busy ferry terminals, riverside pedestrian pathways and neon skyline across the river.