Answers from Our Experts (1)
Our five favorite things about Les Suites Orient, Bund Shanghai, are:
1. Location. The hotel has an extremely convenient location on the corner of a riverside street, allowing for easy access to both sides of the Pudong by taxi or ferry and stunning views of the skyline across the river at night.
2. Home-away-from-home feeling. The quiet and discreet public areas make guests feel like they’re visiting the home of a friend, with a grand piano in the corner of the lobby, antique accessories displayed in every room and an all-day lounge open to in-house guests.
3. Mid-century modern design. The hotel offers a unique design style with classic parquet flooring, clean-lined wooden furnishings and even a traditional liquor cabinet serving as the mini-bar.
4. Huge bathrooms. Among the largest we’ve seen for a hotel room, the bathrooms span the width of the bedroom, with a sliding door on each side, an advanced Toto washlet, single-sink vanity, glass-walled rectangular shower and deep soaking tub with a television.
5. Breakfast included. Guests don’t have to fuss over a bill at breakfast, as the meal is included in the room rate. A cold and hot buffet are available, as well as espresso machines, tea and several juices on a self-serve basis.