Answers from Our Experts (1)
While staying at Pudong Shangri-La, Shanghai, Grand Tower, you’ll enjoy numerous perks, but here are the best:
1. Location. Set right along the Huangpu River in the Pudong business district, the Shanghai hotel puts you close to sights such as the Oriental Pearl Tower and the Shanghai Ocean Aquarium, as well as excellent upscale shopping.
2. Views. Given the superb location, the views are just as top-notch. Depending on your room, you’ll either have sweeping vistas of the Huangpu River and the iconic Bund or of the futuristic Pudong cityscape.
3. Jade on 36 Bar. Live jazz, endless views of Pudong and jewel-toned velour couches to sink into make this a chic spot for cocktails. Come early and stay late at the luxury hotel’s sexy bar and lounge perched on the 36th floor.
4. Chi Spa. A tranquil haven away from the bustling city outside, Chi Spa is on the Grand Tower’s sixth floor. It infuses its treatments with ancient Asian healing therapies, philosophies and rituals. Try the Chi Balance, a massage that uses acupressure, relaxing strokes for your yin and energizing techniques for your yang.
5. Sushi by Nadaman. Helmed by a Japanese chef, this tiny restaurant is hidden near the Grand Tower’s elevator bank. Enjoy supremely fresh fish while watching the sushi masters in action.