Answers from Our Experts (1)
With 10 restaurants and bars to choose from at Pudong Shangri-La, Shanghai, Grand Tower, it is hard to narrow down the options, but here are our picks for the best things to eat and drink:
1. Cherry blossom cosmopolitan. This twist on the cocktail popularized by Sex and the City is made with Grey Goose, toasted fennel seed and vanilla bean cherry syrup, fresh lemon and the Bitter Truth crème de violette. Enjoy it at the dim and chic Jade on 36 Bar while listening to live jazz and admiring the views of Puxi across the river.
2. Dim sum at Yi Café. There are so many stations at Yi Café’s huge breakfast buffet, but we’ll make it easy for you. Just head straight for the dim sum. The chefs are constantly refreshing the choices, which range from pork buns to soup dumplings, so make sure to check out each and every steamer basket.
3. Sushi at Nadaman Sushi. The luxury hotel’s 32-seat contemporary sushi spot, helmed by chef Masahiro Ogawa, offers super-fresh fish prepared right before your eyes. Try the tuna belly and salmon.
4. Tasmanian salmon filet. Order this off of the room service menu and you’ll enjoy a fresh and simply grilled salmon filet with your choice of sides such as creamed truffle mashed potatoes or grilled asparagus. Keep it simple with salt and pepper or top it with a sauce like peppercorn or lemon butter.
5. Sautéed fresh lobster. This delectable dish at Fook Lam Moon, which is the Cantonese fine-dining option located in the Shanghai hotel’s River Wing, delivers juicy de-shelled lobster that’s been sautéed to perfection in the restaurant’s signature ham stock.