Answers from Our Experts (1)
With its giant facilities (nearly 1,000 rooms are spread across two buildings) and prime location, Pudong Shangri-La, Shanghai offers everything you need for a luxurious stay. But before you pack your bags, here are five things we think you should know about the Forbes Travel Guide Four-Star hotel:
1. Pudong Shangri-La, Shanghai is located in the middle of Lujiazui, the city’s busy central business district. It’s also just a short walk to the Oriental Pearl Tower, Shanghai World Financial Center and Shanghai Ocean Aquarium.
2. The hotel has two buildings: Grand Tower and River View. Grand Tower opened in 2005, while River View opened in 1998 and was renovated in 2009. We recommend snagging a River View room.
3. The hotel is much better for business travelers and couples without children than it is for families. While the hotel will do its best to accommodate the little ones, you’re likely to see more briefcases than bottles here.
4. CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, has just four double rooms. If you want to book a couples treatment, be sure to call ahead.
5. The restaurants at the hotel are excellent. While we suggest going outside the Shanghai hotel to sample the local fare, you’ll also find excellent options right inside. One of our favorites is the French fine dining spot, Jade, on the 36th floor.